Years ago, I switched from regular old peanut butter full of preservatives and who-knows-what, to natural peanut butter. I like peanut butter and it's not uncommon for me to just eat a spoonful of it...no sandwich necessary. The first time I took a spoonful of the natural stuff, I wasn't sure what I thought, probably just because it was different.
Fast forward to this week. I often take sandwiches to work for lunch. They aren't gourmet by any means...usually just pb&j on wheat. Sometimes I'll take a sandwich, then go out to eat with co-workers, saving my sandwich for the following day. Occasionally, I forget and take another sandwich the next day, resulting in 2 sandwiches in the fridge, but not often. Thursday, lunchtime came and I noticed 2 sandwiches...same type of bread, same Ziploc bag. I realized I had ended up with 2 sandwiches. I ate one and forgot about the other. Friday, I didn't bother making lunch thinking maybe I'd walk somewhere instead. As the busy day wore on, I opted to just grab some work-provided chips and guacamole from the kitchen for lunch. In the fridge I noticed the sandwich from the previous day and was happy to have a little more substance for lunch :)
After a few bites I thought, "something is different". Maybe the sandwich had been there longer than I thought so all the flavors had just absorbed together??? As I inspected the sandwich, I realized that the peanut butter wasn't crunchy...and it was sweeter than normal. This was not my sandwich or my peanut butter! But what can you do with a partially eaten sandwich? I couldn't very well return it, so I just ate it. I do feel bad if somebody went hungry, but it was in the fridge for 2 days, so they hopefully forgot about it. But, this accidental lunch confirmed the fact that I really do like my natural crunchy peanut butter better than the old regular stuff.
Ironically, facebook must be stalking me because this story about a sandwich thief showed up in my news feed today!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2732898/Dear-Sandwich-Thief-Mans-hilarious-response-passive-aggressive-sign-posted-offices-fridge-door-sparks-incredible-kitchen-note-war.html

Chante, that is so hilarious! I read the facebook feed. They are stalking you or maybe somebody is trying to warn you to beware of stealing another sandwich!
ReplyDelete