Friday, August 7, 2009

Something Do-able

Have you ever thought something was really hard, or big, or crazy and thought that you could never accomplish it, but then tried it and discovered it was totally do-able! So that has happened various times in my life and there are probably many times when I have not attempted things that I thought would be hard.

One of the most recent experiences I had was "The Subway" at Zion National Park. I had heard that it was a pretty technical hike, but it really wasn't too bad and I would recommend it to you all:)

So for discussion sake, I'd like you to share what are some of the things that you discovered were do-able, or what are some of the things that you may not have been able to attempt yet.

4 comments:

  1. Going through an actual fitness certification...now i've done two and have more planned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Half Marathon - Doable. Marathon - Not yet - but someday.
    Glad you had a great experiance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Home repairs--fixing pipes, running electrical wires, installing ceiling fans, texturing--i.e. all those things I should have learned to do as a kid when Mom and Dad were remodeling. Why can't we be more attentive to things like that when we are younger?! Yes, it is all doable, but it seems like Mount Everest when you've never done it before and you don't have anyone but the Internet or someone over the phone to show/tell you how to do it.

    ReplyDelete